Planning a surprise for your boyfriend’s birthday can be a challenge. You don’t want to come up with just unique birthday gifts for him but you want to do something that he will never forget. Dinner and a movie is nice but isn’t this something you usually do on the weekends?
If you are looking for unusual date ideas, here are some great suggestions that you may want to try out.
1. Go tandem biking. Rent out a tandem bike and explore your neighborhood. Ride anywhere your legs take you. You can go to the park and have a picnic, the zoo or visit the botanical gardens where you can enjoy a romantic walk hand in hand.
2. If your guy is the outdoorsy and adventurous type, you can plan an adventure date. Go zip lining or bungee jumping or do adventure sports such as rock climbing. This will surely get him pumped up. Afterwards you can have a nice quiet relaxing dinner as you watch the sunset together.
3. Plan an early morning picnic. Prepare some sandwiches the night before. Don’t forget the coffee. Wake him up, take him to your rooftop and watch the sunrise as you enjoy your breakfast. This will be a great start to his very special day.
4. Cook him a special themed dinner. If you both have wanted to go some place like Paris or Venice, recreate the atmosphere right in your very own apartment. Decorate your place like a French or Italian bistro, cook French or Italian cuisine. This will show your boyfriend your cooking skills, creativity and your romantic side.
5. Volunteer for meals on wheels or a soup kitchen. This may not be a typical romantic date but you will both be able to do something for other people and touch the lives of those in need. Sometimes, it feels better to give than to receive.
6. If your boyfriend is a video game addict, challenge him to a tournament. After all, it is his special day and he is entitled to do something he absolutely enjoys. Make sure to practice beforehand so at least you can give him a run for his money. Whoever wins gets a prize. Of course, it goes without saying that you should let him win.
7. Arrange to take a painting, cooking or dancing class together. It will be a great way to spend time with each other and learn new things.
8. Go kite flying. It’s cheap but can be lots of fun.
9. Take your boyfriend to the playground. This is a great way to bring out the child in the both of you. Go down the slides, run around, play on the see saw and enjoy great conversation on the swings as you stare into each others eyes.
10. Plan a treasure hunt. Give him several clues that will help him locate his treasure. At each stop, have a small gift waiting with the next clue. You can just choose some stuff from the dollar store. The final location will have your final birthday gift waiting for him.
Bring some fun and unpredictability to your boyfriend’s birthday with any of these unique date ideas. This is sure to be one birthday he will never forget.